This contest is over. Click here to view the winners!
- 'APPARENT CHARACTERS', not exhaustive, and common to this art:
- 'astonishment' caused by the viewer, which is not the result of more calculated surrealist works, such as those of Magritte or Dali.
the 'perfume of innocence'
- 'a change of scenery', because of the unconventional vision of the artist
- 'freshness of expression', resulting from the inner look of a certain 'infantilism' (not to be confused with spontaneous manifestations of the child)
- the naive 'Frozen' (opposed to the technique of the child, which develops with age)
- 'Technical insufficiency' (supposed, while it is involuntary in the child)
- 'awkwardness', which does not, however, constitute a criterion of quality or definitive definition of the kind
- 'pictorial quality', which can compensate for the lack of competence, but must not reduce the work in the 'decorative' style.
- 'stylization', betraying a will, either of embellishment, simplification or sublimation
- 'simplification', reflecting at the same time the desire to circumvent certain technical difficulties, but also to load the work 'with a power of signification, even totemic, more direct'
- the 'storyteller' aspect (subjects, bucolic or solemn subjects ...)
- the 'mental perspective', which paints for example a flower larger than a tree or a house
- 'idealization' which, through the plastic conventions, can reveal deep unconscious tendencies
- the 'dreamlike vision' (sensitivity to the mystery and the existential essence of things)
- the imaginary, which can reach the fantastic, the marvelous or the unusual, sometimes the symbolism or the esotericism
________________________________ --__ ---
1.Post a maximum two only artwork falling into the above category,artwork could be your own or a well known master
2. Open to all collectors, photographers and artists and online galleries
3. The winner and non-winners will receive one week of promotion with my Naive Art Style group on Facebook and other social networks.
Each participant may submit 2 images.
1) Votes may be cast by any visitor to Pixels.com (members and non-members).
2) You may only vote once per image.
3) You may vote for as many images as you like... but only once for any given image.
Status: This contest is over.
Friday, January 11th, 2019 - 3:20 AM
Submissions End / Voting Begins
Monday, January 14th, 2019 - 3:20 AM
Voting Ends / Prizes Awarded
Wednesday, January 16th, 2019 - 3:20 AM
Current Time (Eastern United States)
Tuesday, January 22nd, 2019 - 10:41 PM
This contest will be awarding the following prizes:
Premium membership to 2019 Winners Gallery + your image featured on front page
Your image will be featured on front page of Naive Art Group for a week
Join the Contest
Click here to submit your artwork to this contest.