This contest is over. Click here to view the winners!
Many competitions centred around wildlife art demand close-ups, and why not? Getting close to all varieties of flora and fauna can reveal their striking complexity and beauty.
However, I sometimes find that an animal as a small feature in a much larger work can showcase it's home, and show that it is one small part of a much larger world (at least this is what I say when my lens isn't big enough XD). It's a great way to bring a landscape to life, to learn a lot about the creatures that live there, and possibly get creative and work within the limitations of your equipment.
So here's what I want from you all:
1. 1 entry only, in any medium you desire, containing at least one animal as a small part of a much larger image. As a rough guide I'd say make the animal no larger than 10% of the image. If your entry consists of several individual creatures this will count. If an individual animal takes up the majority of the image, I'm afraid it will not be accepted as an entry.
2. Keep it family friendly. No explicit images, no violence, no death etc.
3. Discussion, praise and constructive criticism is encouraged. Any bullying or offensive comments won't be tolerated and your entry will be removed from the competition.
4. Please vote if you can. You can vote for up to 10 artworks. No vote soliciting please. Anyone doing this will have their entry removed from the competition.
5. As always, work must be your own. Plagiarized works will be removed from the competition.
6. This is the most important one - HAVE FUN!
There will be no big prizes. This one is all about participation.
I look forward to seeing your full creative potential.
P.S. You can see the full example image here:
Any questions feel free to contact me and I will respond ASAP.
Each participant may submit 1 image.
1) You must be a member of Pixels.com in order to cast votes in this contest. Your account must have been active at least 30 days prior to the start of the contest in order to vote.
2) You may only vote once per image.
3) You may vote for a total of 10 different images... but again, only once for any given image.
Status: This contest is over.
Monday, September 11th, 2023 - 4:06 PM
Submissions End / Voting Begins
Saturday, September 16th, 2023 - 4:06 PM
Voting Ends / Prizes Awarded
Tuesday, September 19th, 2023 - 4:06 PM
Current Time (Eastern United States)
Monday, September 25th, 2023 - 1:17 PM
This contest will be awarding the following prizes:
A huge sense of achievement that you were voted as having the best entry.
A sense of achievement that an awful lot of people loved your work.
A warm fuzzy feeling that lots of people admired your work.
Join the Contest
Click here to submit your artwork to this contest.