The Boca Grande Light, also known as the Gasparilla Island Light, is a pretty little two-story frame house with a lantern in the cupola built in 1890 to mark the entrance to Charlotte Harbor and since restored. The keeper lived in the house. Placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1980, the lighthouse was recommissioned is still operational. Today the building houses a museum and is one of only six Florida lighthouses to be open to the public.
May 24th, 2014
Viewed 630 Times - Last Visitor from Greenville, NC on 09/21/2019 at 10:50 AM