A small village, established in 1902 as a sawmill camp and called Stansfield Switch, for a Mr. Stansfield who built the switch from his mill to the Frisco Railroad. A post office was established in 1903 and was located in the back of the Old Lanpher building.
The town was named by Louis Houck. Taken from a Spanish phrase for "Where is the Channel". As the water was often above the channel, and it was questionable where the channel actually was.
December 21st, 2018
Viewed 24 Times - Last Visitor from New York, NY on 02/09/2020 at 2:02 PM