Belleville City Hall was erected in 1872-1873. This impressive structure was designed by local architect John Evans and constructed by local contractor John Forin. A fine example of High Victorian architecture it's red brick walls are 18 inches thick.and is distinguished by tall, arched windows, a bell-cast mansard roof with dormers and a massive clock tower that stands 144 feet above the sidewalk. When installed the clock had a cast iron bell imported from England originally lighted by gas lamps. Heating of the structure was by coal.
January 29th, 2011
Viewed 141 Times - Last Visitor from Beverly Hills, CA on 05/08/2021 at 12:44 PM