Note: the watermark in the lower right does not appear in the final print.
Fine art photography by Edward M. Fielding - www.edwardfieldng.com
David is a masterpiece of Renaissance sculpture created between 1501 and 1504, by Michelangelo. Originally commissioned as one of a series of statues of prophets to be positioned along the roofline of the east end of Florence Cathedral, the statue was placed instead in a public square, outside the Palazzo della Signoria, the seat of civic government in Florence, where it was unveiled on 8 September 1504. The statue was moved to the Galleria dell'Accademia, Florence, in 1873, and later replaced at the original location by a replica.
July 16th, 2015
Viewed 429 Times - Last Visitor from Cupertino, CA on 09/15/2019 at 2:32 AM