A post office called East Prairie has been in operation since 1872. The community took its name from a prairie of the same near the original town site. The current town, which lies about a mile south of the original post office site, was established in 1883 as a stop along the St Louis Southwestern Railway also known as the Cotton Belt, and was originally known as "Hibbard." The East Prairie postmaster, S.P. Martin, moved the post office to the new town site. By 1900, the city's name had been changed from "Hibbard" to "East Prairie."
February 11th, 2019
Viewed 58 Times - Last Visitor from Beverly Hills, CA on 02/14/2020 at 12:47 AM