A village six miles south of Jackson. It is one of the earliest settlements in the county. In 1802 Martin Rodney settled about two miles southwest of Gordonville. The first name for the community was Davis Mill, so named from the mill operated as late as 1827 by Greer W. Davis. Then the democratic name Peoples, probably shortened from People's Mill, was given to the settlement, a name in use through 1854, 1860, and as late as 1873. At sometime between 1876 and 1886 the name Gordonville was given to the post office, which was established by the merchant Samuel Gordon, for whom it was named.
April 7th, 2018
Viewed 31 Times - Last Visitor from Saint Paul, MN on 02/11/2020 at 10:09 PM