The Main lobby of the Lake McDonald Lodge in Glacier National Park. This 3 story hotel opened its doors in 1914. Located on the beautiful shores of Lake McDonald, this amazing building was declared a National Historic Landmark and listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1987. Originally named the Lewis Glacier Hotel, in 1930 it was renamed the Lake McDonald Lodge after it was purchased by the Great Northern Railroad. The Hotel became a part of several other Swiss style hotels and back country Chalets the railroad ran in Glacier National Park.
November 12th, 2012
Viewed 1,117 Times - Last Visitor from Fairfield, CT on 01/27/2020 at 11:44 AM