Land survey. Diagram of the land survey of an irregular field, from the 1722 fifth edition of The Compleat Surveyor by the English land surveyor William Leybourn (1626-1716). This work was originally published in 1653. It described the process of surveying, and became a standard work used by property surveyors when drawing up maps of private estates. Here, the land is named as 'Old Oake Mead', and the lines show the landmarks used to construct this map of the property. The fifth edition was printed in London.
September 27th, 2018
Viewed 50 Times - Last Visitor from Beverly Hills, CA on 07/14/2019 at 6:54 PM