Listed on the National Register of Historic Places
Designed by Chicago architect Alfred H. Piquenard who along with John C. Cochrane was also responsible for the designs of the Illinois and Iowa State Capitols. The building was completed in 1878 for about $120,000. It is located on the same public square as the previous courthouses surrounded by commercial buildings. It is noteworthy for its stone construction and its rather simple interpretation of the French Renaissance Revival style.
December 31st, 2019
Viewed 9 Times - Last Visitor from Jefferson City, MO on 02/08/2020 at 2:18 PM