The Old First Church was gathered in 1762, the first Protestant church in Vermont. Much of the early history of Bennington and of Vermont took place in and around the original Meeting House, built in 1763, and the present church, built in 1805 and dedicated January 1, 1806. As a result, the Vermont Legislature, in 1935, designated the church as "Vermont's Colonial Shrine".
November 16th, 2014
Viewed 24 Times - Last Visitor from Houston, TX on 06/19/2019 at 9:17 AM