With a truly international history this particular aircraft was issued to 312 Czech Squadron in 1944 and served throughout the latter stages of WW2 in Europe. Transferred to the Royal Netherlands Air Force in 1946 and operated with them, in Java, until 1950. Then refurbished and delivered to the Royal Belgian Air Force in 1952 serving there until damaged and struck off charge in 1955. Relegated to �gate guard� duties, on a concrete plinth, at the Musee Royal de l�Armee, Brussels from 1955 to 1988 when rescued by the Historic Aircraft Collection in Jersey for restoration. Restoration completed at Duxford on Sept 2000 and then flown regularly at UK airshows. Sold on to the Russell Group, Ontario, Canada and now displayed at Canadian airshows. A truly international �voyage�!
August 7th, 2012
Viewed 3,276 Times - Last Visitor from Kiez, 12 - Germany on 10/22/2019 at 12:47 AM