ORIGINAL PAINTING BY ERIC de KOLB
Facts about Eric de Kolb - Born 1916 - Died 1985
• Originally from Vienna
• Left Vienna in 1940 when the Nazi's invaded.
• Moved to France
• Served as a lieutenant with the French Marines.
• Famous fashion designer for Balanciaga, Schiaparelli, and Lucien Lelong.
• Moved to New York City
• Designed gold jewelry that were replicas of ancient artifacts
• Founded a firm of industrial package designers
• Designed packaging for Helena Rubinstein, Coty, Schiaparelli, and more.
• Won 3 oscars for package design.
• Designed night clubs and Riviera...more