Also called Der Grosse Adler or Lubscher Adler, she was a 16th-century warship of the Hanseatic city of Lubeck, built in 1565-66 to escort commercial convoys during the Northern Seven Years' War with Sweden. It was an enormous ship, one of the largest war galleon ever put at sea, but never saw action as by the time of its commission, peace negotiations had been signed. After the Treaty of Stettin (1570), she was converted into a freighter for trade with Spain and eventually scrapped in 1588.
February 2nd, 2017
Viewed 1,938 Times - Last Visitor from New York, NY on 09/21/2023 at 1:27 PM